ASA 101: Basic Keelboat Certification
After these 3 days of instruction on the water, you should be able to skipper your boat safely near the shore, during the day, in fair winds less than 10 knots. This is the first course in the ASA sailing certification system, which is an important building block for future sailing courses.
- Sailing knowledge and terminology
- Sailing skills and safety
- “Rules of the Road”
- Introduction to electronic navigation equipment
- Crew overboard recovery
- Local waterway knowledge and docking
To view the full ASA 101 curriculum, click here
- ASA Sailing Fundamentals Book
- ASA Log Book
- Sailing Made Easy Booklet
- Federal Requirements & Safety Tips
- ABC’s of the California Boating Law
You work with the instructor to schedule the days and times that will be best for you. Sessions are once a week for 3 weeks, but can be three days in a row if you choose. Class times are scheduled in four hour blocks, typically from 1pm to 5pm, but you may schedule them earlier or later if needed.
Are you interested in pre-registering for this course? There is no obligation. Pre-register below to receive more information.