Introduction to Racing
After this day of instruction on the water, you will understand the basic techniques of racing the Harbor 20 sailboat.
- Introduction to the racing rules of sailing
- Understanding the most important & challenging part of sailboat racing: The Start
- How to properly round a mark
- How to read a “Yacht Club Race Chart” and a “Notice of Race”
- Understanding flags during the starting sequence
- What membership are required to race
- How to avoid a collision
Racing Rules of Sailing, Noticed Race
ASA 101, Basic Keel Boat or US Sailing Basic Keel Boat or significant sailing experience & seamanship.
Cost includes: boat rental, semi-private racing instructor, racing rules packet, lots of fun, and a Certificate of Completion.
Are you interested in pre-registering for this course? There is no obligation. Pre-register below to receive more information.